Discussion Prompt and Activity: Growing Her Confidence
This is a two part opportunity for you to help the girl in your life grow her confidence.
Confidence isn’t about success – it’s about how you get back up after a failure! Talk to your girl about failure as a magical opportunity to learn, grow and be awesome, even when it’s terrifying. Here are some prompts to get you started:
- Q. What gives you confidence?
- Q. What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Did you get it right the first time you tried it?
- Q. What makes something risky? What risks have you taken?
- Q. Tell me about a time you failed. How did it feel? Were you scared? What did you do next? Are you proud of yourself for trying, even though you didn’t succeed this time?
Taking a risk by doing something you’ve never done before is a huge confidence builder. If you try it and it goes wrong, you get to learn something! If you try and it goes great – rock on, rock star! Below is a list of 5 kind-of risky things. How many of them have you never done? Pick one at a time and take the next week to try them all. Remember, it doesn’t matter if you get it right the first time. And it’s also okay to decide that a particular new thing isn’t *your* thing. But don’t give up just because it’s hard and scary to try something new. If it is your thing stick with it, keep learning, and don’t give up until you get it! (And you can try a power pose to get into the spirit, if you want.)
- Ride a skateboard for 100 feet.
- Draw a self portrait.
- Volunteer to lead show and tell.
- Tell your friends 3 jokes.
- Create a dance routine and perform it for your family.
- Read a book for 1 hour without stopping.
Previous TopicNext Topic