Upcoming Events and Happenings
How to Combat Imposter Syndrome
Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 12PM ET
Gill Corkindale defines Imposter Syndrome as “a collection of feelings of inadequacy that persist despite evident success. ‘Imposters’ suffer from chronic self-doubt and a sense of intellectual fraudulence that override any feelings of success or external proof of their competence.”
Imposter syndrome is also ongoing. We have to combat this thinking several times and in various ways throughout our careers.
While feelings of imposterism are very common, what is less common is specific guidance for how to overcome these feelings, especially in pursuit of new or (seemingly) audacious goals…like considering or pursuing a run for office. This webinar offers exactly that.
You’ll leave the webinar with:
- An understanding of what imposter syndrome is and the ability to recognize when you are experiencing it
- Simple techniques to help you work through feelings of imposter syndrome
- A new outlook toward your personal goals that currently seem out of reach or overwhelming
How to Stay Informed This Election Season
Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 12PM ET
2020 has already been a year filled with election conversations, public scrutiny of current elected officials and hopeful candidates, and a bombarding of policy information in our emails, on social media, on television, on radio, and anywhere else we consume information.
This fall, the presidential election will occupy even more media attention, and beyond who will occupy the White House, voters are also evaluating candidates in local elections, the entire House of Representatives, a third of Senate seats, and 13 governor races.
It can feel like a full-time job learning where to get your information and how to stay on top of all the policies impacting crucial issues from healthcare to climate change to gun control to civil rights. Join our webinar to learn how to manage it all this election season.
You’ll leave this webinar with:
- The confidence to engage with election news and media
- Ways to identify opportunities to get involved in the democratic process
- And understanding of the importance of women’s representation on the ballot
- A game plan to prepare for upcoming elections