She Should Run is currently hiring for the following positions:
She Should Run, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization changing culture to inspire more women and girls to run for office, is looking for a part-time Community Manager.
The Community Manager will primarily organize and cultivate members in the She Should Run Incubator, our online platform and community for the woman considering a future run. The Incubator launched in a pilot, beta phase in March 2016. Since election day, the the Incubator has grown from 350 members to 2200 and still growing.
We are excited to work with a digital organizing professional with a track record of growing and managing both online and offline communities, as well as the enthusiasm and gusto necessary to thrive in a fast-paced, remote work environment with a rapidly expanding movement.
The position reports directly to the Executive Director and will partner closely with our current Digital and Creative Manager. This part-time contract will average 30 hours a week and is a three-month commitment with potential for extending the contract. She Should Run is based in Washington DC, though will consider talented organizers from other states and cities as well. This is a remote working position.
Community Manager’s Goal: Manage She Should Run’s rapidly growing Incubator community by facilitating our members’ successful participation in the Incubator e-course, by developing connections and mentorship among our members, and by measuring success and informing the program’s strategy based on closely monitored metrics.
- Monitor, measure, and continue to strengthen user experience on the Incubator’s online platform
- Manage direct communication with Incubator members and hone process for providing personalized support and advice for Incubator members
- Work with web developer firm to update Incubator e-courses with relevant new content and to add potential new e-course in 2017
- Facilitate connections between She Should Run Incubator members on the group private Facebook group
- Plan and execute monthly office hour calls with She Should Run Incubator participants and featured experts
- Develop and implement referral process, including maintaining a referral list of partner organizations and/or staff who can be reached quickly to respond to participants’ specific questions about a future run
Data Analytics and Administration
- Monitors and measures the success of community engagement including recruitment, retention or outreach goals
- Track She Should Run Incubator participants’ engagement in the private Facebook group, progress within the Incubator curriculum, and member profiles and survey responses
- Develop weekly and monthly reports on community trends to organization’s leadership
- Oversee all technical and system administrative aspects of the She Should Run Incubator community
- Works with web developer firm to address, resolve, and communicate any issues related to the features and functionality of the community
- Develop process for connecting Incubator members who serve as peer mentors and accountability partners within the growing Incubator community
- Create mentoring opportunities for Incubator members to learn from previous candidates, current elected officials, and experts who can bring to life lessons within the Incubator e-courses
- Manage events for our Incubator participants in DC and nationwide
- Maintain email list for the She Should Run Incubator
- Partner with current Creative and Digital Manager on information sharing across the organization’s social channels and to ensure the integration of the She Should Run Incubator community within the broader She Should Run communications such as our weekly news briefing and monthly newsletter
- 3 years experience in digital organizing, community management, online engagement and data analytics
- HTML and CMS expertise is required, as well experience working with NationBuilder, MailChimp, Wordpress and Facebook groups
- Self-starter and problem solver with a positive attitude, stellar interpersonal communication skills and high level project management skills
- Ability to operate as a self-motivated professional in a remote working environment with current staff in DC and NYC
Pay is approximately $2,500 a month, as a flat monthly fee determined by number of hours agreed upon. To apply send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
She Should Run, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization changing culture to inspire more women and girls to run for office, is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant.
This part-time contract will average 30 hours a week and is a three-month commitment with potential for extending the contract. This is a remote-working position that will report to the CEO and Executive Director (based in NYC and DC, respectively).
Applicants can be based anywhere in the U.S, though preference will be given for candidates in the EST/EDT time zone.
- Return phone calls and general inquiries
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Calendar management
- Email management
- Donor database management
- Book travel arrangement
- Research topics and individuals as needed
- Taking notes during conference calls and meetings with stakeholders
- Submit expense reports
- Materials prep
- Issue invoices
- General support to senior staff
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Experience with Gmail, Google Sheets, and Google Docs
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Experience with social media
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience successfully working in a virtual work place
- Familiarity with women and politics space
Pay is approximately $20 per hour and will be a flat monthly fee determined by number of hours agreed upon. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.